Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Yummy New Yarn

This post has pics that add to Episode 13 of Knitlark Lane Podcast http://knitlarklane.libysn.com

I had a great time at Stitches South, and here are pics of the yarn that I decided needed to be mine.

This first one is the one my DH picked out for his socks. It is hand-dyed Classic Merino Super sock (superwash) from Knitting Notions in Nashville, Tennessee. www.knittingnotionsonline.com It is called Stormy Seas.




The next one is also from Knitting Notions -- hand-dyed Classic Merino Bamboo. 65% merino 35% rayon of Bamboo. It is called Atlantic.



The next three are from the wonderful Miss Babs from Mountain City, Tennessee. www.missbabs.com

First "Bamboo Baby: Superwash Sock and Baby Yar 60% merino, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon
No color or number listed for this. It was called a "dye table special" and was on sale.



Next from Miss Babs --"YummY" Monochrome Sock and Baby Yarn 2-ply Superwash 100% merino Light Turquoise.


And last but not least, another "Bamboo Baby" Dye Table special (as above) in a delciious-looking purple.


I plan on having lots of fun deciding what to knit and working with this lovely stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... I'm noticing a pattern. Do you like blue and green by any chance? ;)
    Looks like you got a nice haul and I can't wait to see what you make with 'em. Bamboo is one of my favorite fibers, especially in blends, all shiny and silky and drapey.

    I'll be following you. ^^

    ReplyDelete