Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Need to Knit Like the Wind



What am I Needling?


I love that term. My niece used to ask me that instead of asking What are you knitting?

I am working on a Baby Afghan -- Basketweave Pattern from Our Best Knit Baby Afghans by Leisure Arts. This is for a dear couple who are over the moon expecting their first grandchild. I am doing it in acrylic (so it is easy to wash) Loops and Threads Seaside Ombre colorway worsted on size 11 needles.

First I was going to knit a cupcake hat from the Itty Bitty Nursery book ... Pink cupcake, white frosting, cherry on top. Found out it is a boy. Ok. Next idea: Yellow cupcake, brown frosting, cherry.
Then I remembered kid-to-be lives in Florida. Probably not too many hats -- cupcake or otherwise -- in his future.

Have lots of fabric from quilting days. Why not a baby quilt? Cut out some squares, but I was not NOT FEELING IT. I wanted to knit. I found this book and pattern at Michael's (used my coupons) and off I went. I have to KNIT LIKE THE WIND, as Baby Conner is due next week.

Here is a picture of it about 3/4 of the way through.






I have to CONCENTRATE only on this project. No more sidetracks to other things. Sure.


Knitlark Lane Podcast
Starting with Episodes #20
A = Old-fashioned Fairy Tales
B = The Hunchback of Notre Dame
C = Moonlight Madness (medley of knitting, travel, books and Life Flavor -- What is Life Flavor?
You have to listen to find out. This month it is BUTTERSCOTCH.)

No comments:

Post a Comment